Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fuel Tank Update

Today we received our new "flop" fuel line from Van's. The craftsman ship on this is beautiful! It really looks like high quality stuff, not that I didn't expect it, but it still impressed me. Though after looking at how it is mounted to the root wing rib, I realized that it mounts to the very leading edge of it. We already cut the holes in the access plates and we'll have to make a plate to cover the hole in the left side access plate. No big deal, but I'm glad we're starting to figure out how this thing attaches and functions.







Left: Our new flop tube!

Right: The left angle that needs be cut to accept the 90 degree fitting for the flop tube.

We might take care of this tomorrow, but we want to get the ailerons riveted together to get some parts out of the way! I'll have to be leaving the airport around 2:30 for work so we'll see what we can get done! Looking forward to manana.

No comments:

Post a Comment