Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fuel Tank Work

Well today before work I decided I would continue working on the fuel tank skin for the right wing. I began by marking the stiffeners to be cut then got this finished in a jiffy with our bandsaw and our friends 30" shear. Thing works great! After they were cut roughly to shape I took them to the Scotchbrite wheel and rounded off the corners. The plans call for you to cleco the stiffeners to the skin and match drill them, then put the assembly onto the spar. So that's exactly what I did! Even without the ribs in I could tell the fit was going to be awesome, it's amazing what match-drill manufacturing can do. This was all I was able to get done today so I decided to finish there and head to work. Sad day! If only I could stay at the hangar all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment